NVQ Level 6 Construction Site Management Diploma
What is this NVQ?
This NVQ Level 6 Site Manager (Pathway One, Building & Civil Engineering) qualification is a work-based qualification suitable for Project Managers, Site Managers & Contracts Managers, which recognises a person’s competence using on the job performance for assessment, rather than relying on examinations. You will use an online system to help you with the process of putting together your portfolio and will be assisted online by an experienced assessor throughout. You will also be assessed within the workplace and take part in a professional discussion.
The main plus points are:
- No formal examination,
- Flexible workplace study – earn while you learn
- Continuous enrolment, start any time
- Equivalent to an academic qualification
NVQ’s are designed to be taken at a pace that suits your needs, so many learners take about six months to a year to complete. They are outcome-based with no fixed learning programme, allowing flexibility of delivery to meet your individual needs. To earn a qualification, you must complete mandatory units, and the overall qualification allows learners to demonstrate competence again National Occupational Standards which are based on the needs of the Construction and Built Environment industry as defined by ConstructionSkills, the Sector Skills Council. As such it contributes to the development of skilled labour in the sector.
Why should I choose Cognitia as my training provider?
- Weekly webinars providing support for questions you may have.
- Easy to use E-portfolio system from Quals Direct. Click HERE to watch our YouTube Video.
- One to one video support calls / telephone calls.
- Clear and concise assessment plans, showing you EXACTLY what you need to do to achieve your NVQ.
- Experienced team of assessors and quality assurers – some of whom work as External Verifiers for Awarding Bodies.
- Pay for your qualification monthly with our Interest Free Finance option (subject to status)
What CSCS Card Will I Achieve?
You will be able to apply for a Black Managers CSCS Card upon completion of the NVQ and passing the CSCS MAPS test.
You can apply for a trainee card when you have evidenced you are enrolled in this qualification.
What memberships can I achieve?
Upon achievement of the NVQ, learners can apply for Chartered Membership of the CIOB.
How am I assessed & how will I submit work/evidence?
Using our e-portfolio system from Quals Direct. Click on the link for our video on how to use our Portfolio system
How long will it take me to complete?
That is ENTIRELY up to you! Each qualification varies in size and units. We ask you to provide us with an expected completion of units when we enrol you. This is so we can manage your assessment and ensure that your qualification meets the standards for quality assurance required as a regulated qualification.
Each portfolio is sampled internally and externally Awarding Organisation.
How much does it cost?
The cost of the qualification is £1650 +VAT (a total of £1,980).
Spread the cost of this NVQ with our INTEREST FREE finance (subject to status), from as little as £132 a month!
We are happy to give discount for multiple learners.
How do I know I am suitable?
Due to the very nature of an NVQ being a work-based assessment, you just need to ensure that you are in a position in your current role to be able to collect the evidence required for your portfolio.
Types of evidence:
- briefings you have delivered
- reports you have written and communicated
- meetings you have planned, taken part in
- CPD events
- risk assessments you have carried out
- copies of emails you have exchanged between people to show communication and engagement. photos, or record short videos
- work colleagues or line managers can provide witness testimony – or direct observation by your assessor
- in fact, you can select anything from your work place that provides the evidence you need to demonstrate you have achieved the learning outcome
If you would like more information please feel free to contact us or if you are happy with everything and are in a suitable role for this NVQ then press the button below: